In Episode 02 I touch on consideration for returning to exercise postpartum. This is a HUGE topic, but this episode serves as a great overview and jumping-off point for important considerations as you navigate healing and return to movement/exercise after childbirth. I cover:
- Why “Bouncing Back” to your pre-pregnancy body and much of the messaging around postpartum bodies and fitness is not serving moms well.
- Important questions to ask yourself prior to returning to exercise.
- How a pelvic health rehab specialist (PT/OT) can be helpful and why it’s probably a good idea to be seen by one before you return to exercise.
- Gentle exercises to begin with when you are ready. (See companion guide for detailed instruction of these exercises!)
- Symptoms to watch out for when participating in exercise postpartum.
I hope you enjoy today’s episode! I covered a lot- so, be sure to download the companion guide where I detail much of what I talk about in today’s episode to help you digest and implement this information, when you are ready, of course!
I’d love to connect with you on Instagram & Facebook!
Intro/Outro Music Credit:
“Almost Bliss” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License